- Deadliest attacks in Iraq since US troop pullout
Here is a look at the deadliest attacks in Iraq since the withdrawal of U.S. troops on Dec. 18, 2011: — May 20, 2013: A wave of attacks, some at markets and rush hour crowds, hour killed at least 86 people in Shiite and Sunni areas.
- Saudi Arabia reports latest death from new virus
Saudi Arabia says it has recorded another death from a new respiratory virus related to SARS, bringing the total number of deaths in the kingdom to 16.
- Algerian Islamist demands ill president appear
The head of Algeria's main Islamist political party has called for the country's ailing president to appear on television to dispel rumors over his health after a three week absence.
- Tunisian feminist arrested for alleged provocation
An outspoken Tunisian feminist who scandalized the country by posting topless photos of herself online has been arrested and may be charged for conducting "provocative acts" at a religious center where police prevented hardline Islamists from holding their annual conference, the Interior Ministry said Monday.
- Explosions kill 4 in Russia's restive Dagestan
Two bombs exploded outside a court building in Russia's restive province of Dagestan on Monday, killing at least four people and wounding dozens of others, officials said.
- Ex-Saab executives arrested on accounting charges
A Swedish prosecutor says three former executives of automaker Saab Automobile AB have been arrested on accounting fraud charges.
- 3 killed in blast at Spanish army base
Spain's Defense Ministry says three soldiers have died and two others have been injured in an explosion at an army bomb disposal unit in southern Spain.
- Militiamen attack gas complex in western Libya
A Libyan gas company official says militiamen have attacked a natural gas complex in the country's west, injuring two guards and stealing weapons and military vehicles.
- Russia claims to have foiled possible terror act
Russia's counter-terrorism agency says it killed two militants it believes were planning a terrorist act in Moscow and detained a third.
- 28 Hezbollah fighters reportedly killed in Syria in clashes by Lebanon border
Fierce street fighting in a Syrian town near the Lebanese border has killed at least 28 elite members of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group, activists said Monday, as Syrian government forces pushed deeper into the strategic, opposition-held town.