|FOXNews.com - Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- Pope Francis leads Cairo Mass as helicopter gunship, armed police watch
An Apache attack helicopter and scores of armed police have provided tight security for Pope Francis as he led a Mass in Egypt - just weeks after two churches were bombed by militants.
- Shark mauls trained shark-spotter bodyboarding off French island
A bodyboarder was mauled to death by a shark just two months after one of his best friends was killed in almost identical circumstances.
- Russian rallies urge Putin not to run again; dozens arrested
Under the slogan "I'm fed up," demonstrators urging Vladimir Putin not to run for a fourth term rallied in cities across Russia on Saturday. Dozens were arrested in St. Petersburg and elsewhere.
- Venezuela's president stars in cheery videos amid chaos
As antigovernment protests and deadly unrest shake the streets here, President Nicolás Maduro is presenting an image of a very different country in videos that show him strolling through bucolic settings, hip-hop dancing and swinging on a swing set with his wife.
- 'Butcher of Kabul' shows his face after 20 years in exile
A former Afghan warlord who battled U.S. forces after the 2001 invasion and nursed bitter rivalries with other militant factions says he wants peace in Afghanistan.
- Syria government repels IS attack in Aleppo province
Syria's military says its troops and allied fighters have repelled an attack by the Islamic State group on a government-held area south of Aleppo province.
- Macron hunts for French rural votes, Le Pen cheers new ally
French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron is hunting for votes in rural areas of France where his far-right opponent, Marine Le Pen, has made inroads among people who feel left behind, with difficult access to public services, mobile phone connections and other modern conveniences.
- Hungary still defiant on US university after Brussels summit
The Hungarian government remains defiant over the possible closure of Budapest-based Central European University, founded by billionaire George Soros.
- Italian police detain 6 suspected neo-Nazis
Italian police have detained six suspected neo-Nazis accused of agitating violence against foreigners.
- Pakistan PM sacks adviser over leaked report against army
Pakistan's army has rejected Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's decision to sack an adviser over his connections to a reporter who wrote an article last year saying there is a rift between civilian and military leaders over efforts to combat militancy.
- Moscow demonstrators want to tell Putin: Don't run again
Several hundred demonstrators are gathered in a Moscow park, trying to move to the nearby presidential administration building to present letters calling on President Vladimir Putin not to run for a fourth term in office in 2018..
- Thai family mourns girl killed in video streamed on Facebook
The funeral has been held in Thailand for an 11-month-old girl who was killed by her father in a video broadcast live on Facebook.
- Berlusconi treated with stitches after fall
Former Premier Silvio Berlusconi has been treated by a doctor after tripping on a carpet and hitting his head in a fall in his villa in Portofino on the Ligurian coast.
- The Latest: Japanese PM say an open Europe is crucial
BRUSSELS (AP) — The latest on the European Union summit dealing with the Brexit negotiations (all times local) 1:10 p.m.
- Austria calls for new EU relationship with Turkey
Austrian Chancellor Christian Kern says Turkey should not be allowed to join the European Union, with membership talks between the EU and Ankara at a standstill.
- Report: Turkish military convoy moves closer to Syrian Kurds
A convoy of Turkish military vehicles has relocated to a base near the Syrian border as tensions with U.S.-backed Kurdish militants escalate.
- Flights to Berlin airport diverted over suspicious suitcase
German police say they are investigating a suspicious suitcase at Berlin's Tegel airport and the operator says flights there are being diverted.
- Dutch want to move to future relations with Britain asap
The latest on the European Union summit dealing with the Brexit negotiations (all times local) 11:30 a.m.
- Knights of Malta vote for new leader after papal dispute
Members of the ancient Knights of Malta religious order are voting for a new leader after the old one was effectively ousted by Pope Francis.
- Protesters torch buses, block roads during Brazil strike
Protesters lit buses on fire, blocked roads and clashed with police on Friday during a general strike that brought transportation to a halt in many cities across Latin America's largest nation.